May 18, 2017 at 12:05 am #1767Giulia RossiParticipantRank: Elite Gamer
It’s no secret that online games are popular. In fact, there are literally thousands of different available, many of which can be played for free, and also many of which have very small learning curves which allows you to learn the rules and begin playing very quickly.
Some new computers come bundled with free online games, and there are dozens (if not hundreds) of sites online full of online games as well. Both of these are evidence of a large demand for online games; after all, people aren’t going to spend time programming and uploading games if no one is playing them.
But why are they so popular? Let’s have a look:
- Fast – Online games are fast. Most of them don’t require any significant time or emotional involvement. In fact, some games can be played very, very quickly; often in less than a minute! For example, some of the “how far can you hit a ball?” type of games are like this. In this type of game, the player controls a bat and “swings” by clicking the mouse. A ball will be thrown and you click the mouse when you want to swing and then see how far you hit the ball. The entire thing is over in a few seconds, and the purpose of the game is to see how high of a score you can get. Because of this lacking-a-time-commitment feature, online games are very convenient to play when you just need to pass some time, which leads into the next point.
- Pass the time – The nature of the best online games makes them such that it is easy to get caught up in them despite their relatively simple designs. Got 5 minutes to kill on the train? Pull our your cell phone and play an online game (or a mobile version that you downloaded). Have 10 minutes before a meeting at work? Open up your browser and play for a little while. Not only will it help pass the time, but it will help de-stress you a little, too. And let’s be honest, we’re probably not supposed to play online games at work, but who hasn’t? You know even your boss does, because you’ve probably seen him when you came up from behind his cubicle to ask him a question!
- Challenge/coordination – There were studies done in the 80s when Nintendo was popular that showed that playing video games helped improve hand-eye coordination, a skill which is transferable to many other areas of life. So in a way, playing online action games, or games that require reflexes and anticipation, is actually increasing the efficiency of your brain. Not to mention the challenge that accompanies many games helps add to the fun, and there’s always a good feeling of accomplishment when you finally beat a point at which you were previously stuck.
There are different types of children games online, and parents can choose the ones that they feel are suitable for their young ones.
These can be quite advanced, and they are perfect for people who are not stimulated to learn in a normal classroom. They could include trivia questions that encourage the child to learn while having fun. Some children will find that playing such games online is a lot of fun, and they will be encouraged to answer the questions correctly in order to earn points.
Games for very small children
There are a number of online games that have been developed for small children who know how to work with their hands. Such games are very simple, and they are aimed at stimulating the brains of the children. They can help children to learn a number of important skills such as object placement and colours.
Games that help in problem solving
These games are aimed at older children, and they encourage them to use their knowledge to solve a number of problems. They could be in the form of riddles and puzzles which the child must complete in order to move on to the next level of the game. The child may also be requested to perform tasks in a certain order, and this can help a lot in their intellectual development.
Television and superhero games
These games are based on the child’s favorite television show or superhero. It helps them to explore their imagination and to play in a world where their favorite superhero or television character exists. Sometimes, the games will have familiar venues or story lines from the movie or television. However, some games have similar characters, but the story line is completely original. The child may also be asked to answer a number of questions related to the character or the movie.
Fun online games
Some online games for children do not have any theme, and they are simply for fun. They are not meant to help them to develop intellectually. The purpose of such games is simply for relaxation and fun, while others help children to become more creative now.
Pros and Cons of playing online games .
All children love to play games. Due to this, the gaming industry is growing with more and more different types of games. There are cool games, IQ games, challenging games, funny games and many more. The more popular kids’ games are online PC games. The sound effect and the image quality make the PC games more attractive and interactive. Now, let us discuss further on the pros and cons of kids’ games.
Kids who love to play games are said to be more intelligent and creative. For example, IQ games are able to train a kid to think and solve problems easily. Based on research done, children are able to learn faster when they are small. Some of the challenging games and puzzles are also able to train the kids’ abilities in problem solving.
There are also educational type of games to help kids to improve in their mathematics, readings and spellings. Besides that, games such as World War, Star Wars and Space Ships require your kids to strategize before playing. It improves their ability to think thoroughly and make a wise decision to win the games.
Apart from all these benefits, there are also some disadvantages in playing online games. Playing games for a long period of time may strain your eyes and affect your brain. Why is this happening? The reason is kids are always focusing in everything they do including playing games. Thus, spending time in front of the computer will only cause hallucination or headache as kids are exposed to PC radiation too long. Sitting in front of the computer will also cause back and neck pain.
Kids who pay too much attention in front of the PC will eventually become lazier. They can just spend whole day playing games without thinking of other things.
Thus, as parents, it is important to keep track on your children. Do not let them play with PC unblocked games for too long and you have to make them discipline all the time.
- This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by thegamemod.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.